Wouldn’t It Be Wonderful

Wouldn’t it be wonderful

to have readers who got to know you over time;

who paid attention to what you were writing, sharing and creating;

who encouraged when you went off exploring;

who kept a watchful eye when you jumped into something new;

who bided their time when you went quiet for a while;

who noticed when you felt a bit adrift;

who cheered when you got back into flow;

who understood that process, and practice were necessary, inescapable parts of the journey;

who stuck with you and kept sticking with you wherever the path ahead led…

Bridge

Wouldn’t that be wonderful?

It is.

That’s what blog readers give you.

It is.

And I appreciate you, each and every one x

Comments

1. Robyn McMaster says:

Joanna, it seems we’ve known each other for almost five years and I do feel “close” to you though I have only known you through blogging, Twitter and just a bit on FaceBook. Your spirit very much comes through your words, which I know are carefully chosen. I still have in mind that perhaps at some point we will meet.

You help create the wonderful world of the bloggers who connect to you since you reach out with your unique spirit. Keep up the inspiring work you share here and the love for nature we both share on your new blog, Nature’s Fire.

2. Frosty says:

What a wondeful little piece. I don’t have many followers on my blog, but we all keep up with each other we’re a little group, I’m anxious because this year my brain is in a totally different place than last year and I’m trying new things, I hope they stick around for the learning part…

3. Paula Swenson
    Twitter: zografispaula

Joanna, you and your wonderful words engage and invite response simply by being present. Thank YOU!

4. Jean | Delightful Repast says:

Beautifully said, as always! AND beautiful photo — where is that charming footbridge? I’ve had a thing for “path” pictures since early childhood.

5. Janice Cartier
    Twitter: jancartier

I think I will just catch this poem up and put it in my pocket along with the little bridge picture. Keep it close. Like the ready smile I have whenever I see something wonderful that you do. You are a treasure Joanna. It’s easy enough to want to see whatever it is that you get up to. Much love and many adventures to you. xo Jan

6. Conor Ebbs
    Twitter: ebbstachio

Thank you Joanna, for delivering true meaning in your writing. It is a rare light, and dazzling for this.

I have learned much, I have much to learn. It’s great to have such mentors.

Conor

7. Karen Swim
    Twitter: karenswim

Joanna, as I read the first few lines, I found myself nodding “yes it would be wonderful!” After reading the entire piece, I know that indeed it is wonderful but it’s also wonderful to have a writer so unselfishly willing to take us along for the journey, to teach and inspire us to explore new paths, to realize that practice is part of the process and to be so humble that she doesn’t even realize that her people gifts rival her gift of words. Hugs hugs and cheers to you Joanna, you really are wonderful! xx

8. Wendy Altschuler says:

If a writer is appealing enough a reader will follow through dry spells and successes.

@Robyn McMaster: thank you so much for that feedback and reflection Robyn. I feel I have got to know you too, through your words, though I very much hope we can meet up some day too.

@Frosty: if you’re open about where you’re going and what it means to you I’m pretty sure they will… or they’ll drift away but be naturally replaced by others with whom your words resonate and connect.

@Paula Swenson: what a lovely thing for you to say. Thanks :-)

@Jean | Delightful Repast: it’s the bridge at the entrance to the totally gorgeous botanical gardens at Benmore, in Argyll. Well worth a visit if you’re ever in that neck of the woods. PS I love path pictures too :-)

@Janice Cartier: thanks Jan - sometimes I feel guilty about the different paths and sometimes blind alleys… I am trying to unpick and let go of that feeling though, as it does no-one any good

@Conor Ebbs: gosh Conor, thank you, that’s a very precious bit of feedback, thanks

@Karen Swim: and you my dear write the best comments ever :-)

@Wendy Altschuler: I think the thing about blogging Wendy is that it allows us to get to know the person as well as the writer, and that is where the loyalty, connection and sense of deep familiarity comes from.

12. Suzie P says:

Thank you…. Big HUGSSSS.
    I only discovered your blog a few months back, I may not comment often but I do read and enjoy all your snippets. You too are much appreciated.

Suzie :)

13. Lillie Ammann says:

You are a constant inspiration and entice your readers to follow you.

14. Leah Pauls says:

So well said, Joanna,
    Though I haven’t responded much to any blogs lately (I have so much going on), I do keep up with your posts and I enjoy every one. You continue to inspire and encourage me.

15. Annette Gendler
    Twitter: AnnetteGendler

Wonderful rhythm to this poem, in addition to the affirming content any writer will appreciate, especially bloggers!

Suzie, thanks so much for your words, and your readership :-)

Lillie, thank you for those words. You too!

Leah, thank you for letting me know. I appreciate it, even if it’s taken me forever to reply!

Annette, thank you so much for that feedback. Sorry for the delay in saying so!