Snippets

9 Things I’m Up To, or Not

I realise I have probably left more than a few loose ends lying about here.

In case you’re wondering, here are some updates on things I’ve written about in the past:

1. Yes, I am now a certified instructor of Journal to the Self.

I am very proud of this certificate :-)

I’m working on some ways to prompt journal based writing, creating, learning, dreaming and reflecting.  More info coming very soon to a blog near you ;-)

2. Yes, I am still offering writing coaching.

I know I’ve been a bit backward about coming forward to promote this.  I’ve got a new page up, headed mentoring.  (Semantics maybe, but I think this is a better word for what I do.)

If you know someone who could do with a blog mentor to help them get their posts out of the door… please do pass this on.  Thanks.

3. Yes, the writing retreat went really well.

Not sure quite how to write about it… the experience is probably still percolating.  I wrote a few short pieces when I was there that I might share here  soon.

I am considering options about what future retreats might look like - lots to think about in terms of time / energy / price / venue / organisation / other possible ways to create the conditions to help people free their words.

4. Yes, I’m still writing poetry.

At the moment the material I’m publishing is nature inspired; you can find it at Join the Dance.

I am writing some other things too which might end up elsewhere - not quite sure where yet.

5. Yes, I am still exploring ideas by creating sites.

Which means some sites I’ve told you about are… quiet. And others are still being formed.  I know this is a pattern I need to get out of, but it seems to be how I learn.  Fingers crossed my current project (to be announced shortly) will be the last for a while.

6. Yes, I am back by the river.

For the time being at least.

7. Yes, I still think blogging is the best thing since sliced bread.

I still love Twitter, and I am learning to like Facebook, but for me, there’s nothing quite like blogging to explore ideas, develop your voice, test the edges of your comfort zone, and connect with other intriguing, fascinating and wonderful people (that’s you by the way).

8. Yes, I am still interested in what you’re up to or not

The comment box is, as ever, open.

9. Yes, I clearly still love list posts ;-)

Joanna Paterson

Journal and writing coach, teaching ways to notice and capture the wonder of the everyday, through writing, poetry, and photography.

Website - Twitter - Facebook - More Posts

No related posts.

Tags:

9 Responses to “9 Things I’m Up To, or Not”

1. On July 1, 2010 at 12:55 pm Judy Adamson responded with... #

Have you come across Dr Sarno, a US physician, author of ‘Healing Backpain’ in which he proposes that most back pain, and, later, many other medical conditions, are the result of repressed rage - and an important part of the cure is journal-writing? If you’re interested, there’s information here: http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/How+do+I+journal%3F

2. On July 2, 2010 at 1:51 pm Tyrean Martinson responded with... #

Traveling today to Washington D.C., and hoping to get some writing time in during the flight while my daughters watch a movie. Um, life going at full speed, or over the speed limit for summer, and I’m struggling to have enough time to write a few lines of poetry, get to my blog which I’m trying to write daily, or even have a moment to think through my plot-line for my WIP. However, I’m still writing, and life is good.

3. On July 2, 2010 at 2:50 pm Gina responded with... #

Hi there,

I’ve recently found your site and find it quite helpful. That being said, I hope you can help me with a quick question I have. I love to write, feel like I’m good at it, but completely sabotage any time that I devote to the craft. What’s up with that??? It’s maddening! Is this normal? I would appreciate any insight you could possibly deliver.

Thanks,
    Gina McCune

4. On July 2, 2010 at 2:58 pm Wendi Kelly-Life's Little Inspirations responded with... #

Congratulations on your Certification Joanna, that is very exciting! Looking forward to hearing more about the retreat and your thoughts. Thanks for the update here, I am following you around wherever your dance takes you. :)

5. On July 4, 2010 at 4:30 pm Mandy Allen responded with... #

I have been doing more writing and less blogging lately…I need to redress that balance.

Enjoy the journey.

Mandy

6. On July 5, 2010 at 1:10 am Karen Swim
    Twitter: karenswim

Congratulations Joanna!!! Yes I am still reading and enjoying it every bit as much as that first post of yours that warmly welcomed me into this wonderful blogging community. :-)

7. On July 5, 2010 at 1:09 pm Joanna

Judy I didn’t know of his work in particular - but I am familiar with the general approach and concept. Thanks for sharing the link and resources - lots of interesting stuff there. Thanks very much.

Tyrean thanks for sharing what you’re up to. ‘Still writing’ sounds good enough to me!

Wendi thank you :-) It is so wonderful to know there are others out there who want to share and enjoy in the journey we’re on, however much of a madcap dance!

Mandy it’s a constant balancing act isn’t it? Good luck re-setting the scales for just now.

Aw Karen it’s like I said to Wendi… makes such a difference to know there are generous souls out there who are sharing the ride. Thank you x

8. On July 5, 2010 at 1:11 pm Joanna

Hi Gina quick question maybe… probably a long answer! It’s not at all unusual. I will pick up your question as part of a post in the next week or so - meantime you might find this post (and associated series) of value - it’s on some of the reasons we might allow ourselves to be too busy and distracted to write.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention 9 Things I’m Up To, or Not | Confident Writing -- Topsy.com - July 2, 2010

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Joanna Paterson, Todd Rutherford. Todd Rutherford said: RT @joannayoung 9 Things I’m Up To, or Not http://bit.ly/dBjmVy [...]