3 Most Excellent Reasons to Celebrate

1. It’s Easter

2. It’s my birthday :-)

3. I was away on holiday last week, busy getting married!

Wedding Flowers

Wedding Flowers

PS Yes, Im going to change goodness knows how many social media profiles to my new name, Joanna Paterson

PPS I may also start using the short form of Jo while I’m at it, as that’s really how I think of myself (and how I write).  But then again I don’t want to get into too much of a fankle with too many changes at once…

PPPS It seems I am still a fan of numbered lists ;-)

Comments

1. Conor
    Twitter: ebbstachio

Joanna / Jo,

Hearty congratulations :)

While reading this the sun has just pierced through the clouds. May it keep you both warm and happy.

Conor

2. Yvonne Russell says:

Hi Joanna
    Congratulations! I’m thrilled for you… and a birthday as well. Pleased things are going so well for you.

3. Jasmin says:

Congratulations Jo Paterson - what wonderful news.
    *love* your wedding bouquet.
    .-= Jasmin´s last blog ..W is for Wonderment =-.

4. Brad Shorr says:

Congratulations, Joanna!

5. Robert Hruzek says:

YEEHAW, and a big ol’ tip o’ the hat to ya, Jo!

Wow, I remember a while back you mentioned meeting someone special. But then… silence. I had my fingers crossed for ya, though.

So lemme just respond in order here:

1. Happy Easter to you, too!
    2. Happy Birthday, my friend!
    3. Congratulations to you both!

Oh, and a big hug from me to you!
    .-= Robert Hruzek´s last blog ..Easter Sunday, 2010 =-.

6. Hilary says:

Hi Jo .. no wonder you’ve been on walkabout a little??!!

Congratulations on all things - marriage = wonderful, a little birthday - great news .. and Easter - Spring approaches and you have a wonderful summer full of the joys of living ..

Yea to life .. and all that’s good - enjoy yourselves .. Hilary
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..Who would have thought Barbary Apes would be eating our greens? =-.

7. amypalko says:

Words fail me when I try to express how happy I am for you both. I can’t wait to celebrate with you in person, and then, hopefully, a hug will be able to say more than my words can.
    Sending you much love
    Amy
    xx

8. Tweets that mention 3 Most Excellent Reasons to Celebrate | Confident Writing -- Topsy.com says:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Melissa D. Lierman. Melissa D. Lierman said: RT @joannayoung - 3 Most Excellent Reasons to Celebrate: 1. It’s Easter 2. It’s my birthday 3. I was away on hol… http://bit.ly/bJW8yw [...]

9. Rosa Say says:

Hau‘oli l? h?nau – We say that to mean “Happy Birthday” Joanna, but it really means happy new life, just as you are celebrating today as the new Mrs. Paterson. So very thrilled for you and for your very lucky new husband! May all the love of Aloha grace your days.
    .-= Rosa Say´s last blog ..About Managing with Aloha: Has it intrigued but overwhelmed you? =-.

10. Calliope says:

Congrats!!!

May you have a long and happy life together.
    .-= Calliope´s last blog ..13 TV Shows Not Yet on DVD in the U.S. =-.

11. Olivia says:

Oh my, congratulations many times over and happy birthday and happy easter. Much to celebrate! Peace, O
    .-= Olivia´s last blog ..Going On Vacation =-.

12. Karen Swim
    Twitter: karenswim

Happy Easter, Happy Birthday and Congratulations my dear friend! I can think of no one better deserving of triple reasons to celebrate! I hope to one day be able to hug the Patersons in person! xoxox
    .-= Karen Swim´s last blog ..What Are You Made Of? =-.

13. Emma Newman
    Twitter: emapocalyptic

I hearby sign this declaration of congratulations and best wishes in triplicate.

What fantastic news! Many happy returns, years and wonderful Easters to you!
    .-= Emma Newman´s last blog ..Friday Flash Fiction: Crumbs =-.

14. Lea Woodward
    Twitter: leawoodward

Wow!! So very many congratulations to you both. Spring’s a great time for change and progression - bet you’re looking forward to yours :)

15. Barbara Ling, Virtual Coach says:

What wonderful news! I’m going on 17 years now….may your marriage give you a wonderful companion for life.
    .-= Barbara Ling, Virtual Coach´s last blog ..1 Astonishingly Easy Way To Appear Smarter Than Your Network =-.

16. Anne says:

Wow, congratulations!!!! Whoo-hoo!! :-)

17. Sonia Simone says:

Oh my goodness, that’s lovely! Wishing you tons of happiness and good humor and long walks and spirited conversation. :)
    .-= Sonia Simone´s last blog ..The Law of Anti-Attraction =-.

18. Janice Cartier says:

Three fabulous reasons to celebrate!!! Many happy returns to you and your groom… happy birthday of course..and how joyous an Easter for you…JP. :) )))
    Wow. So truly happy for you. :)
    .-= Janice Cartier´s last blog ..Folding Unfolding =-.

19. Lillie Ammann says:

Jo Paterson,

A new name, a new joy, a new life. Wishing you many, many years together and much, much happiness!
    .-= Lillie Ammann´s last blog ..Christ the Lord Is Risen Today! =-.

20. Jeanne Dininni says:

How exciting, Joanna!

Happy Easter, Happy Birthday, and many congratulations and warm wishes for a wonderful future with your beloved!

Love,
    Jeanne

21. Davina says:

Congrats Jo. And Happy Birthday. What a wonderful way to start your year. Gr8!
    .-= Davina´s last blog ..In Appreciation of Good Health =-.

22. joylene says:

Happy Birthday. It’s my wedding anniversary today, so I won’t forget you. Congratulations on the wedding. Hope you have many more of both.

23. Naoko says:

Woohoo! Congratulations, Happy Birthday and Blessed Easter to you, Jo! :D

24. Ching Ya says:

Congrats dear Joanna & happy belated birthday too! Wish you a great life ahead, a new beginning! *hugs*

@wchingya
    Social/Blogging Tracker
    .-= Ching Ya´s last blog ..How to Optimize Google Buzz for Social Network Benefits =-.

Thank you everyone for your heart felt good wishes! I have been grinning broadly with all these virtual hugs :-)

I’m going to keep thinking about the Jo switch… I’ve been Joanna to you all for so long now, it feels a bit weird to change that bit too!

26. Ulla Hennig
    Twitter: ullahe

Joanna / Jo,
    Belated Happy Birthday, and Congratulations! I wish you many happy hours, days, months and years with your husband!
    .-= Ulla Hennig´s last blog ..Aments =-.

27. Jan Scott Nelson
    Twitter: JanScottNelson

I must try out calling you Jo, Jo! Well, Jo, that seems to be OK, it feels fine!
    You are a dear, wonderful, true-to-your-heart woman and I am delighted to the point of tears at the JOyful news you’re sharing here.
    I am longing to actually meet you and hug you at Cambo House in June - not long now!
    .-= Jan Scott Nelson´s last blog ..Keeping it real =-.

28. sheila glazov
    Twitter: yourbraincolor

Dear Jo Paterson, Mazel Tov to both of you! Congratulations on your Birthday! A Joyful holiday season! All events mark a time, as beautiful as your bouquet, for an abundance of life’s precious gifts. I wish you as much joy, love, comfort and laughter as my husband and I have shared for 43 years!

29. George Angus says:

Well My goodness, Joanna,

Super congratulations on all counts!

It shall certainly be a memorable spring!

George
    .-= George Angus´s last blog ..What’s Your Writing Background? =-.

30. Jeanne Male says:

Wow, Jo! As I started reading I was excited to learn that it was your birthday as mine was the day before Easter - such a happy celebration to have in common. Then as I read on, I was so overjoyed to learn the news of your marriage that my eyes welled right up! What grace…to celebrate the gift of another year of life, new beginnings of Spring and a new life together. May you and Mr. Paterson make many wonderful memories.
    .-= Jeanne Male´s last blog ..Life Equals Risk: Part 1 =-.

31. Karen Marcus says:

Congratulations, Joanna (Jo)! I enjoy reading your blog and following you on Twitter. Cheers!
    .-= Karen Marcus´s last blog ..5 Keys to Writing Project Success – Part II: Research =-.

32. Lori Hoeck says:

AWESOME!

New directions to take with a grand adventure of love and fun! Best and warmest wishes!
    .-= Lori Hoeck´s last blog ..Visit my guest post on life as a black belt =-.

33. Wendee says:

You got married?!? Congratulations! *And* a happy birthday to you, too! xox! :)

34. Bo Mackison says:

Biggest congratulations. I love the name Jo, (I always think of Jo March) so think I’ll keep in my mind the whole new name. Jo Paterson-wow! Love it.

35. Jez Cope says:

Congratulations and welcome back to the blogosphere! Oh, and fankle is a brilliant word!

Jez
    .-= Jez Cope´s last blog ..Reflective writing =-.

36. Debbie Yost says:

Happy Easter!
    Happy belated Birthday!
    and
    Congratulations!

If you are taking votes from your fans, I like Jo. I like Joanna, too, but I say go for Jo! Of course, either way, we still love you. :-)

Love the flowers, too.
    .-= Debbie Yost´s last blog ..How Others Affect Your Happiness in the Workplace =-.

Thanks everyone! Think I’m settling back on Joanna… too much of a shift otherwise, and I’m so used to ‘hearing’ you all call me that.

@ Jez - isn’t fankle just the most wonderful word? ;-)

38. Paddy says:

Congratulations anna!

wait. i got that wrong didn’t i?
    .-= Paddy´s last blog ..False Evidence Appearing Real =-.

Thanks Paddy already reverted to Joanna… names and identity so confusing!