Let It Snow: A Song for Weary Bloggers Everywhere

I don’t know if it’s just me, but the blogosphere seems to be awash with self-improvement zeal as the year draws to an end.  Okay, I do love some of these challenges and know how much power they can have.  And I realise I’m guilty of some myself with all that encouragement to find your essential lines… But sometimes that zeal can be a bit much. If you’re feeling a little weary, a little jaded, or a little inadequate at the reviews not done, wishes not cast, inspiring posts not read, planning for 2010 not undertaken, one words not chosen, challenges not completed, time not made the most of… this is for you.

Oh the bloggers in blogland are blogging With predictions, lists and ventures, But we’re out of bright plans for o10 Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Oh the purposeful dreamers are dreaming, With goals, and boards and visions, But one word a year’s beyond us Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Oh the creative souls are creating, With photos, art and poems, But daily creation’s exhausting Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Oh the writers online are still writing With prompts, reviews and round ups But the deadlines are slipping past us Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Oh the cool cats are all reviewing With snapshots, highlights and best ofs, But we ran out of good things to mention Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Oh the tweeters are still a tweeting With lists, and quotes and retweets But follower love is waning Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Oh the RSS feeds are still bulging With words, ideas and bright things But we’re marking them all as read now Let it snow, let it snow let it snow.

~~~

Let it snow :-)

Comments

1. Brad Shorr says:

Hi Joanna, What a lovely poem. A timely reminder that blogging should be lighthearted and fun!
    .-= Brad Shorr´s last blog ..My Pledge to Clients =-.

2. Sharon Hurley Hall says:

Nice one, Joanna, though I’m feeling a bit left out - haven’t published any ‘best of’ lists yet - not a single one!
    .-= Sharon Hurley Hall´s last blog ..Who Defines You? More Thoughts On The James Chartrand Story =-.

3. Karen Swim
    Twitter: karenswim

Joanna, lol! I love the song and the sentiment. It is the perfect complement to a morning cuppa. I found myself desperately in need of a break from the lists, trends, goals, plans, intentions - it can be exhausting! Thanks for the snappy little ditty and the chance to breathe and laugh this Monday morning!
    .-= Karen Swim´s last blog ..Why You Should Learn to Fight Fair =-.

4. Brandon Cox (brandonacox) « Let It Snow: A Song for Weary Bloggers Everywhere | Confident Writing « Chat Catcher says:

[...] 2009-12-21T08:01:31  RT @joannayoung Let It Snow: A Song for Weary Bloggers Everywhere [link to post] [...]

5. uberVU - social comments says:

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by PublishingGuru: Let It Snow: A Song for Weary Bloggers Everywhere http://bit.ly/7AtA1L...

6. Sharon Hurley Hall (SHurleyHall) « Let It Snow: A Song for Weary Bloggers Everywhere | Confident Writing « Chat Catcher says:

[...] RT @joannayoung Let It Snow: A Song for Weary Bloggers Everywhere [link to post] - good [...]

7. Davina says:

Joanna this is great; I love it! :-) Everything is JUST okay the way it is. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. (Thanks for the link.) Happy Holidays.
    .-= Davina´s last blog ..Haiku, Take Me Home =-.

8. Janice Cartier says:

So love this!!! Every list, review, round up or must do needs a bit of light hearted accompaniment….like marshmallows, hot chocolate…and maybe a snowball fight…. :)
    Phew!! It’s a bit much.

I so loved your winter snowy trees on flickr….so nice to see the season in your walks…lovely crunches underfoot, can hear them.
    .-= Janice Cartier´s last blog ..Designing Your Package =-.

9. Ching Ya says:

This is heart warming, Joanna. I truly appreciate you sharing this with all of us. It’s good to be understood of the path we’ve all been through. May our exhaustions be turned into joyful footsteps, running towards a year full of hope and wonders. :)

Let it snow.. and let us enjoy every single moment of it.

@wchingya
    Social/Blogging Tracker
    .-= Ching Ya´s last blog ..8 Lessons Derived from Vacation to Boost Your Blogging Experience =-.

10. jan geronimo says:

What a gem of a poem. It’s been my anthem lately what with lots of my shortcomings. Let it snow indeed.

11. Sheila Glazov
    Twitter: yourbraincolor

Perfect timing, Joanna… I’m inside a Winter Snowglobe at the moment!

12. Sara Healy says:

What a great poem and song. I sang it as I read it and it’s perfect timing…at least for me.

Thanks:~)
    .-= Sara Healy´s last blog ..Picture Story: My Turn Now =-.

13. Shari Smothers says:

Joanna, this is perfect for the way things are going now. I’m pretty much running out of steam, puttering forward to the finish line that’s December 31. I’m on board to just let it snow.
    .-= Shari Smothers´s last blog ..falling short is not falling dead =-.

14. joylene says:

Wonderful. Thank you, Joanna. It’s working! We’ve got 1′ of snow already. Maybe we should stop singing soon; I have to drive to town tomorrow.

15. elmot says:

Beautiful Poem! Let it snow….yeheee…. Unfortunately no snow in the Philippines, eheheh!
    .-= elmot´s last blog ..Bro. Manny Pacquiao’s Divine Source of Strength and Power Revealed =-.

16. Om Nom Nom | Janice Cartier says:

[...] I’m making fudge. That is all. No fancy art work, no fancy words.  We have more than enough out there. Just om nom nom…coming [...]

17. Merry Christmas! | Words For Hire says:

[...] Joanna Young let’s it snow [...]

18. Alina Popescu
    Twitter: alina_popescu

Oh, Joanna! This is the perfect song for me :d I kept postponed my 2010 plan for weeks now and I will keep postponing it till next week. It snowed, I loved it, now that the snow is melting away, I still don’t want to let go of my little break :)
    .-= Alina Popescu´s last blog ..Wishing you all the best this Christmas! =-.

19. sheila glazov
    Twitter: yourbraincolor

A perfect description of a writer’s life and the winter wonderland in Chicago! Our words, personalities, point of view and lives are as intricate and uniques as a snowflake.

20. John Soares says:

I didn’t do any lists on any of my blogs this season, and I also zipped past nearly all the blog posts that focused on holiday/end-of-the-year stuff.
    .-= John Soares´s last blog ..Sales Levels of College Textbooks From The Association of American Publishers =-.

21. AndyAndersen says:

Great post. And the Let it snow song is working very well here!
    Bring on summer:D Thanks for all the tips over the last year.

@ Brad - lighthearted - absolutely! For writers, and readers, everywhere :-)

@ Sharon - how did you navigate the blogosphere without doing one?!

@ Karen, glad I gave you a breather. Thanks for the comment and the tweet :-)

@ Davina, I feel that’s what we’re learning together… thanks for sharing your own learning / teaching / journey so honestly with us

@ Jan, I love the idea of adding melted marshmallows to my lists! ;-)

@ Ching Ya - joyful footsteps? Yes please. What a lovely image to see us tiptoeing our way into the New Year

@ Sheila, that sounds fun!

@ Sara, glad you liked it. Thanks for sharing your quiet poem… it was just right for that day.

@ Shari, I was out of steam too. Hope you’ve regathered some energy over the break :-)

@ joylene - I wonder what I did - it’s been freezing and snowy every day since here too!

@ elmot - it’ll have to be virtual snow for you then ;-)

@ Alina, you deserve all of your breaks. I hope you’re still enjoying them.

@ John, that sounds sensible… it can be a bit overwhelming

Thanks @ Andy :-)

Whoops, sorry @jan - missed you first time round. Shortcomings, what shortcomings? ;-) Still, glad you’re enjoying letting it go and letting it snow