Introducing the Writing Space

by Joanna on December 11, 2009

I mentioned in my piece on the Rosetta Stone that there was one more project I was working on that was still to be revealed.

One more bit of space that I was creating: for me, and, more importantly, for you.

I’m now ready to lift over the covers and show you:

The Writing Space

It’s a space for me to promote and develop a new programme of writing retreats in Scotland.

I’ve just launched the programme of retreats for 2010.

There’s a mixture of weekend and longer retreats in the calendar, and some mouth-wateringly lovely venues that I’ve found that will help to create the space to write.

It’s already inspiring me to pen some numbered lists ;-)

Here are some of the 7 reasons you’d enjoy a writing retreat in Scotland:

4. There’s plenty of space.  It’s easy to get away from the madding crowd.

5. There are rich seams of history wherever you go, reflecting the time lines and layers of your life

6. The light is constantly changing, creating the space for every shade of light and dark to emerge through your words

Follow the link to the post to find the other reasons… and maybe add some of your own.

I do hope intend to develop the ‘space’ in the future with other products and services - perhaps some tangible products that I can create by making use of my photographs, perhaps some virtual classes and retreats too.

Perhaps one day I’ll find a way to bring all the things I’m doing and writing under that umbrella (one of the reasons I love the notion of ‘space’… and thanks to those of you who’ve inspired me to borrow, adapt and use it.)

But for now the main focus will be on the writing retreats in Scotland.

It’s set up using blog software and I will be posting on it to promote what I’m doing and draw in new customers, but don’t worry - especially for those of you with over-full feed readers - it’s not another writing blog you ‘need’ to follow (my writing and blogging base will remain firmly here.)

I don’t want to say too much more here - you’ll find the explanations, introductions and underpinning philosophy set at the site.

5 Things You Can Do To Help

1. Tell someone who might be interested

This is the most important one… if you know someone who might be interested in a writing retreat in Scotland in 2010 (or beyond…) please do let them know.

(There’s a referral scheme - £20 Amazon voucher for you if someone you tell signs up for a weekend or retreat)

2. Pop over and have a look at the site

Comments, feedback, as ever, welcome

3. Give a little link love

If you can spot ways to spread the word through your own blog / site, some link love would be gratefully received (anchor text ‘writing retreats in Scotland’ even more so ;-) )

4. Become a fan on Facebook

I’ve created a fan page - if you’re on Facebook please do ‘fan’ it (and if you’ve any tips on how to make fan pages work, please do let me know. I still find FB less than totally intuitive to use.)

The Writing Space

Promote Your Page Too

5. Share your best PR & marketing tips with me

Whether that’s making use of social media or otherwise, if you’ve got ideas and suggestions to help spread the word, please let me know!

~~~

Last but not least:

Thank you all for listening, supporting, encouraging, and inspiring me to do this.

No related posts.

{ 1 trackback }

uberVU - social comments
12.11.09 at 2:55 pm

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Brad Shorr 12.11.09 at 12:57 pm

Hi Joanna, Congratulations on this exciting new roll out! Scotland seems like such an ideal milieu for a writing retreat. I looked at the new site briefly - seems to be laid out very well and easy to navigate. The look and color scheme is very much like this site - have you considered altering the colors or style a bit for branding purposes? Best wishes, Brad
Brad Shorr´s last blog ..My Most Conversational Posts of 2009 My ComLuv Profile

Joanna 12.11.09 at 3:14 pm

Brad thanks for the feedback - it’s a good point, just need a few more spondoolees before I can get the design work done ;-) Hope to see you across the pond sometime soon!

Cat Woods 12.11.09 at 4:11 pm

Sounds divine. DH and I have talked about a vacation there some day. Him to golf and me to…well, now I would have a place to settle in!

Thanks for the hard work and information. I’ll pass it on.
Cat Woods´s last blog ..Honestly? My ComLuv Profile

gerry home fragrance oil 12.11.09 at 5:59 pm

Hi Joanna, I’ve just seen your new site for Scotland which I liked very much. In particuslar I liked the use of pictures and the clean look of the site. As Brad Shorr said you might consider a different look for the new site however you need to keep the overall feel of the site with its ease of navigation.
All the best
Gerry.
gerry home fragrance oil´s last blog ..Create your own home fragrance oil My ComLuv Profile

Davina 12.11.09 at 10:31 pm

Way to go Joanna. This sounds excellent! You’re simply bursting with ideas and it’s inspiring to watch.
Davina´s last blog ..This is Not a Poem My ComLuv Profile

Joanna 12.12.09 at 6:39 pm

Cat well now you’ve got the perfect reason to make the trip ;-) Thanks for feedback & support

Gerry thanks for the feedback - I will try and keep the navigation simple - it’s one of the reasons I like thesis, it does lend itself to that.

Davina glad it’s inspiring, feels a bit scary from the inside sometimes! Thanks for your encouragement, it means a lot.

Alina Popescu 12.13.09 at 12:35 pm

Wow, yet another great project you have been working on! You are one amazing lady, that’s for sure :) I suggested the Facebook page to everyone who might be interested and I do hope I get to join at least one of your retreats next year!

Hugs,
Alina
Alina Popescu´s last blog ..WoBM’s Essential Lines from 2009 My ComLuv Profile

George Angus 12.13.09 at 5:37 pm

Hi Joanna,

One of the things I’ve been wanting to do for a while is to go visit “The Old Country” as Dad called it. I want to kick around his home town of Edinburgh and explore all of the great things the country has to offer. Now I see I’ll be able to combine something else very worthwhile into my trip. I’m heading over to the site right now for a peek!

George
George Angus´s last blog ..Flash – Orb Chapter Two My ComLuv Profile

Joanna 12.15.09 at 9:10 am

Alina thanks so much for your support… I very much hope to see you in Scotland in 2010, and if not then, well definitely 2011!

George I’m sure you’d get a lot of a visit… and why not fit in some writing time out too? ;-) If you ever need any help planning your trip & seeing the best of Scotland… please do let me know

Moe 12.21.09 at 8:32 am

Sounds perfect. I twittered it for you.
Moe´s last blog ..PromptWriter: Care for a little writing space in Scotland -> http://thewritingspace.com/ My ComLuv Profile

Joanna 01.03.10 at 1:39 pm

@Moe - thanks very much :-)