Snippets

Heading For the Hills

Yes, I’m off again!

Evening Crossing by Joanna Young on Flickr

Not back two minutes, spent all that time trying to get back into things, ditch bad blogging habits, get my blogging voice back then yep, I’m off again.

I’m headed north and west (two of my favourite words :-) ) for a week’s holiday.  If I’m good, I might even leave my laptop behind too…

I’ll take pictures when I’m away, and share some when I’m back.  Meantime, be good, have fun, and I’ll see you when I’m back.

11 Responses to “Heading For the Hills”

1. On June 13, 2009 at 8:01 pm Rosa Say responded with... #

You go girl! Connect to your sense of place, and have fun. Thrilled for you and proud of your wisdom.
    Rosa Say´s last blog ..Kamehameha’s Legacy of Values My ComLuv Profile

2. On June 14, 2009 at 7:11 am write a writing responded with... #

Have a nice time Joanna! and its a good idea if one manages to take a REAL break (that too being a blogger ) Hope to catch fresh air in your rekindled spirit.CheersAmy Dyslex write a writing´s last blog ..Temporary Post Used For Theme Detection (614464a3-887e-4eeb-8a1b-646ec550bf63 - 3bfe001a-32de-4114-a6b4-4005b770f6d7) My ComLuv Profile

3. On June 14, 2009 at 7:21 am Catherine Wentworth responded with... #

Have fun Joanna! I’m envious (in a good way).
    Catherine Wentworth´s last blog ..Let’s Talk Thai: How the Brain Learns My ComLuv Profile

4. On June 14, 2009 at 5:44 pm Ulla Hennig responded with... #

Enjoy your holiday, Joanna! I am looking forward seeing new pictures!
    Ulla Hennig´s last blog ..Up in the Sky My ComLuv Profile

5. On June 15, 2009 at 6:48 am Davina responded with... #

Hi Joanna. Have a wonderful holiday. Great, this will give me time to catch up on reading some of your latest posts. I’ve had zero time for blogging this past week. I look forward to seeing those pictures.
    Davina´s last blog ..Captivated By a Metaphor My ComLuv Profile

6. On June 15, 2009 at 8:36 pm Alex Fayle | Someday Syndrome responded with... #

I’ve never made it to the Hebrides - have a great time and yes I want pictures! ;)
    Alex Fayle | Someday Syndrome´s last blog ..Make a Decision, Any Decision: Lea Woodward Interview My ComLuv Profile

7. On June 15, 2009 at 10:06 pm Lori Hoeck responded with... #

“a week’s holiday” — just the words evoke a fun smile!
    Lori Hoeck´s last blog ..Self defense and kids — how-to for parents My ComLuv Profile

8. On June 17, 2009 at 6:52 am Miguel | Simply Blog responded with... #

Awesome! I’m sure ya enjoy every moment of it! :) Cheers! All the best,

-Mig
    Miguel | Simply Blog´s last blog ..SimplyBlog is Powered By Thesis Theme My ComLuv Profile

9. On June 17, 2009 at 8:13 am Wilson Pon responded with... #

Gosh, Joanna. The cloud in the picture is so eye-catching! You really know the way to get our attention, isn’t it? :)

10. On June 17, 2009 at 10:27 pm Robyn McMaster responded with... #

Joanna, we all need to take time for ourselves, leave regular routines behind and kick back to relax… yes, even without a laptop. It refreshes your brain and you’ll get whole new inspirations. Be blessed and have fun.
    Robyn McMaster´s last blog ..Faculty Brainpower for Teen Achievement My ComLuv Profile

11. On June 22, 2009 at 1:06 pm Joanna

Thanks everyone!

@ Rosa - you know me, sense of place is so important to me. It’s how I go to the well :-)

@ Amy, thanks - the ‘real break’ was just what I needed

@ Catherine, it was fun… and very restful, thanks

@ Ulla, I took lots of photos when I was away… will be uploading over this week

@ Davina, you know I’m often glad when bloggers take a break too - it’s good to get the chance to catch up on the backlog of reading!

@ Alex, you did all that studying of Gaelic and never made it to the Hebrides? Oh, you must go! Skye is an absolute must. My all time favourite place in the world.

@ Lori, don’t they just :-)

@ Mig, I did thanks - it was great having all your good wishes to speed me on my way too

@ Wilson, I discovered a real love for taking photos last year… don’t always notice what’s in them till I share them though, and people like you tell me! Thanks

@ Robyn, it’s the first time I’ve been offline for a week or more for ages. It felt so good, and I really did feel my brain expanding in different directions. Hope your packing is going well!