Snippets

Inspiration from Bonfire Night

It’s bonfire night here in Scotland.

Which means, amongst other delights, bonfires and fireworks.

Bonfires are a great way to get rid of things we don’t need any more.

What old thoughts, unhelpful habits, and limiting beliefs about your writing could you throw on to the fire?

Fireworks, on the other hand, are an expression of exuberance, of celebration, of something good to come.

What could you do to add some exuberance to your writing.  To make it sizzle, shriek and pop?

This is a contribution to the theme of experimenting, inspired by Guy Fawkes night.

Joanna Young, The Confident Writing Coach
Because our words count

Photo Credits: Burning Wood by imageining on Flickr

Red Flower by ShutterSparks on Flickr

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “Inspiration from Bonfire Night”

1. On November 5, 2008 at 12:06 pm wilson responded with... #

WoW, it must be a very fun and spiritual night to you, Joanna. I always have a thought that the fire can burn all the bad luck and spirit away from us…

By the way, I loved the firework!

wilsons last blog post..The Hair Care Tips 4: The Speed of Hair Growth is Not Related With the Frequency of The Hair Cut!

2. On November 5, 2008 at 4:06 pm Alina Popescu responded with... #

The fire and the fireworks look amazing. I can’t wait for the fire to burn my chronic lack of time and the Dec 1st fireworks to celebrate a new stage in my life. I guess both of my blogs will be rewarded with more attention after that date :)

Alina Popescus last blog post..Packing and Getting Ready to Move

3. On November 5, 2008 at 7:04 pm Joanna

Wilson, it is a fun night, especially for children. I think fires can burn away bad things too.

Alina, wow. Both of those things sound very exciting and positive. I’ll check back with you on the 2nd December!

4. On November 5, 2008 at 10:27 pm Cath Lawson responded with... #

Hi Joanna - I have to say that the US election made our fireworks spark brighter tonight. Now it just feels as though anything is possible for anyone, so long as they can believe it.

Cath Lawsons last blog post..Heroes Of Healing: Napoleon Hill

5. On November 6, 2008 at 8:30 pm Joanna

Cath, sorry not to have replied before now. That’s such a good point about the election. To me it symbolises both leaving dark things behind and celebrating the possibility of positive, powerful change. It’s been exciting to follow on with online friends hasn’t it?

6. On November 19, 2008 at 5:40 am Debbie Yost responded with... #

Completely off subject, but I had never heard of BonFire Night until this year. I was putting Peanut on the bus on Nov. 5 and her bus driver (who’s a little odd) starting talking about fireworks. I was pretty lost (which happens often with him) and he told me to look up someone’s name on the computer. It took me a couple days to get around to it and finally did. I just thought it was funny that you wrote about it, too.

As you can see, I’m a little behind in reading and commenting. It’s also late so I hope this comment doesn’t sound completely goofy!

Debbie Yosts last blog post..Magic Marker Monday Blue Beard

7. On November 19, 2008 at 9:59 am Joanna

Debbie, did he tell you to look up some Guy’s name on the computer?! I wonder if your driver is from the UK. He must have been missing the fireworks - it’s a lovely winter tradition here and one we all enjoy as children (so engrained in the memory)

It doesn’t sound too goofy at all, it’s lovely to hear from you, and you will never be too late to leave a comment here.