Writing Tips

Asking Questions For a Change: Free E-Book

Earlier this year I wrote a series of posts on how to ask better questions.  I’ve now edited the material into a free book that’s yours to take away and pass on to others:

Asking Questions for a Change: How To Ask Purposeful Questions

Asking Questions for a Change

It’s free.  Just click to download the pdf file.

If you could spread the word with an e-mail, a stumble, a link or a tweet out… it would be much appreciated.

Joanna Young, The Confident Writing Coach
Because our words count

PS If you missed them the first time round I’ve published two other e-books:

Powerful Writing in 30 Words or Less

The Courage to Hear Yourself Sing (e-book on authentic writing)

Tags: , , ,

33 Responses to “Asking Questions For a Change: Free E-Book”

1. On November 28, 2008 at 10:35 am Ulla Hennig responded with... #

Thanks for offering those e-books, Joanna! I look forward to reading them at the weekend.

Ulla Hennigs last blog post..Old and New - A Story from Berlin

2. On November 28, 2008 at 11:04 am pelf responded with... #

Thank you very much, Joanna! :D

pelfs last blog post..9 Twitter apps that you might not have heard of

3. On November 28, 2008 at 12:42 pm Alina Popescu responded with... #

I absolutely loved that series of posts, Joanna! Hope a lot more people get to enjoy it in this format.

Alina

Alina Popescus last blog post..A few things I’m thankful for

4. On November 28, 2008 at 1:15 pm Rachael responded with... #

Thanks Joanna - some thought-provoking reading to be done at my house this weekend!

Rachaels last blog post..Ten complementary proofreading tips

5. On November 28, 2008 at 2:35 pm Samar responded with... #

Hi Joanna,

I successfully downloaded the ‘Asking Question’ e-book but can’t seem to download the other two books. Is there some other way I can get them?

6. On November 28, 2008 at 2:48 pm Joanna

Ulla, thanks, I would be interested in any feedback you have too.

Pelf, cheers!

Thanks Alina. I realised that I’d got a lot of good feedback from the series, and that it would make for a nice e-book.

Rachael, hope you find it of value :-)

Samar - it seems to be working okay for me.

Any one else having a problem?

Let me know if it contines to be an issue.

7. On November 29, 2008 at 8:24 am Miguel Wickert responded with... #

Impressive, thanks for sharing… how about that, I didn’t know you wrote other e-books, I picked them up, looking forward to reading them this weekend. :)

What tools do you use to make your PDF e-books? I’m planning on writing one.

Miguel Wickerts last blog post..New Pages At Simply Blog

8. On November 29, 2008 at 11:45 pm Davina responded with... #

Hi Joanna. I’ve read through your Asking Questions ebook and wanted say that it was excellent! Thank you for sharing it.

Davinas last blog post..When Fear Closes In, Take Action

9. On November 30, 2008 at 8:42 am Joanna

Miguel, I hope you’ll find them useful. Basic answer to the question is that I use a word template then convert to pdf using my adobe software. It’s expensive, but I use it for other things too.

There’s a bigger answer though about some of the things to bear in mind - will try and turn it into a post.

Davina, thank you so much for taking the time to come back and share that feedback. Much appreciated.

10. On November 30, 2008 at 9:23 am wilson responded with... #

Congratulation for the new ebook, Joanna and I’ve read it through…

I’m sure that you’ve tried to keep it as simple as you can, isn’t it? I loved the 5 main tips and it’s very inspiring indeed!

wilsons last blog post..The Secrets of Acai Berry is Waiting For You to Reveal it!

11. On November 30, 2008 at 4:31 pm Joanna

Wilson, thank you, and yes I did try and keep it simple. You might just be tuning into the theme I’m going to be exploring next month at Confident Writing… watch this space!

12. On November 30, 2008 at 5:09 pm Phil Gerbyshak responded with... #

Thanks for sharing the tips on asking questions Joanna. These fit perfectly with an article I’ll be sharing a little later this week on Slacker Manager.

Phil Gerbyshaks last blog post..Do One Thing to Make a Difference

13. On November 30, 2008 at 9:48 pm Cath Lawson responded with... #

Hi Joanna - thanks for this book. I’ve been telling everyone to download it. I think it’s useful for everyone - especially bloggers and folk networking online.

14. On December 1, 2008 at 8:58 am Joanna

Phil, glad you found them useful. Thanks for the feedback and the tweet out!

Cath, thanks very much for pointing people towards the e-book. Much appreciated.

15. On December 3, 2008 at 8:25 am Barbara Swafford responded with... #

Hi Joanna - What a nice gift you are giving your readers. I look forward to reading all three.

Barbara Swaffords last blog post..The Unseen Benefit of Commenting

16. On December 3, 2008 at 8:48 am Joanna

Barbara, thank you. I hope you find them of value.

17. On December 6, 2008 at 1:14 am Dee Langdon - BloggerNewbie responded with... #

Thanks for sharing your hard work. I downloaded all three. I will have some great reading to look forward to. I’ll let my readers know they are available and my tweeple. Thanks again.

Dee Langdon - BloggerNewbies last blog post..Do You Think Blogging Is Becoming Over Saturated?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Did Black Friday Steal All Your Visitors? - November 28, 2008

[...] I found this awesome free ebook by Joanna Young - Asking Questions For A Change: How To Ask Purposeful Questions. It’s a must read for anyone who blogs or uses social media. See, I told you browsing the [...]

2. Want to ask more better questions? - December 4, 2008

[...] download the free ebook Asking Questions for a Change, courtesy of Joanna [...]

3. So You Want To Be A Writer? | BloggerNewbie - December 6, 2008

[...] and without exception has all the tools I am looking for.   Joanna has, not one, but three Free e-Books on her site to help you with your writing.  If you are serious about your writing, you should [...]

4. A Simple Guide to Compiling a Free E-Book | Confident Writing - December 8, 2008

[...] for the feedback on the ‘Asking Questions For a Change’ e-book. A few of you asked about how I compiled it - a question I’ve been asked before when I put [...]