Snippets

A Not For Cynics Dictionary

I can’t quite work this into the respect theme, but it’s too good not to share.

David Masters at Be Playful has created an A-Z of playfulness: your one stop reference guide to being playful.

Here’s the entry for A:

A

adventure, n. 1. being brave enough to do the things that make your feel alive; 2. everyday life

angels, n. ordinary people

art, n. making something beautiful

I think David really has made something beautiful with this A-Z.  I hope you get the chance to pop over and enjoy it.

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “A Not For Cynics Dictionary”

1. On September 24, 2008 at 9:36 pm Bo responded with... #

That was a treat, Joanna. Thanks for introducing me.

Bos last blog post..Putting Out Fires

2. On September 25, 2008 at 12:00 am SpaceAgeSage responded with... #

Hey, I respect playfulness! Needed some today, too, so thanks. This one was interesting: “peace, n. the soul of playfulness”

SpaceAgeSages last blog post..Criticism’s dark and light sides

3. On September 25, 2008 at 9:10 am Joanna

Bo, my pleasure. David has a great photostream too - you’ll find him on flickr.

Lori - I found some of the entries stopped me in my tracks too. That one on peace is lovely - deeply calming somehow.

4. On September 25, 2008 at 10:09 am David | beplayful responded with... #

Thank you for showcasing my blog post here. I really appreciate it, and all your support for beplayful.org.

David | beplayfuls last blog post..The A-Z of Playfulness

5. On September 25, 2008 at 12:14 pm wilson responded with... #

WOW, I loved this description for Angels, Joanna! Well, I will definitely drop David’s site a visit :)

wilsons last blog post..The Untold Benefits of Eating Fruits Before Your Meals!

6. On September 25, 2008 at 3:40 pm Joanna

My pleasure David. I’m only sorry I managed to stumble your post in the category of ‘agriculture’. Amy told me! Doh! I think it must have been the cow pic that sent them off on the wrong trail

7. On September 25, 2008 at 3:41 pm Joanna

He has a very unusual ability to take everyday words and experiences and make us think differently about them. It’s a very special gift I think. Enjoy exploring his site.