Transmission Problems

Grrr.  Some kind of gremlins have crept into my connected up world.  I was anticipating problems after I moved while I got the new connections sorted out (and I do expect to be off air for a week or two) but for the last few days everything has s-l-o-w-e-d   r-i-g-h-t   d-o-w-n… meaning I’ve been struggling to keep up with feeds, load up pages, access my mail (though I see that’s a more widespread problem) or post here.  I think I managed to force out the piece yesterday by an effort of mind over matter!

So if you’ve not heard so much from me or wondering where I’ve been… I am still here (for another couple of days), just hamstrung by the IT gremlins

Comments

1. Karen Swim
    Twitter: karenswim

Hi Joanna! I have been stumped by slowing connections and email overload (can’t seem to get under 300 messages!)too so I understand. You are missed but I know that after the other move things will settle in and we can muse over the changing of the seasons. You are missed but definitely not forgotten!

2. Karen Putz says:

Congrats on the move! How’s the new place, other than the slow connection? :)

Karen Putzs last blog post..Summer is Flying By

Karen, you so have a knack of finding the right thing to say :-) I don’t want it to be autumn yet - until I think of walking through the wood and finding brambles ripening, and nuts falling… and wanting to share what I find with all of you.

Karen (Putz) - I haven’t moved to the physical place yet - just done the WordPress transition. That was a big move in itself! House move is on Thursday. I can’t wait to get there. Lots of room for visiting bloggers!

4. Sylvia says:

Slow connections are the worst!

I hope everything gets back up to speed soon!!

truly,

Sylvia C.

Sylvias last blog post..Back from the Weekend

5. Karen Wallace says:

Hi Joanna, thought I’d make it a hattrick of Karen’s and pop up a quick comment too.

I just wanted to say good luck with the physical move, I’ll be thinking of you! With the move so close I am amazed you’re online at all!

I hope it all goes well and the new home welcomes you with open arms. It’s going to be fabulous for you!

Karen Wallaces last blog post..Our duty to be happy

Sylvia, I know! Makes me realise how much we - I - rely on it. I’ll be in my new physical home soon so the photo will go up then - will let you know how it looks!

Karen - 3 Karens on one post - perfect! Thanks very much for the good wishes. The PC is such a lifeline - I think it’ll be the last thing to go off - if I can get it working that is! I’m looking forward to sharing my news about the move with you all when I get settled

7. Roland Hesz says:

IT gremlins bite hard.
    I think that if you write a blog - or anything online, really - you should get a really good OCR software, so you can write offline, then scan it.

Sometimes it is so much better to write on paper, and you don’t depend on a notebook, PC, electricity, not forgetting to autosave, and all the technical stuff.

Not that it helps the connection problems :)

I hope the move goes well, and you will settle in fast and easily at the new place.

Hi Roland, thanks for the good wishes and the interesting suggestion about writing offline. I have to confess I find it easier to create text online than offline nowadays, but it’s a good suggestion for those times when our connections are skewiff, we’re enjoying time away from the machine or creating with different media and formats. Food for thought, definitely

I’m looking forward to catching up with you and others now my connections are working okay again