Snippets

A Celebration of Independence

Boom!2 by spatulated on Flickr

Boom!2

Creative people are curious, flexible, persistent and independent with a tremendous spirit of adventure and a love of play.
Matisse

Happy 4th July to all my readers in the U.S.

And a happy Friday to creative, independent writers and thinkers everywhere.

Joanna Young, The Confident Writing Coach
Because our words count

PS If you’re looking for some weekend distractions you can still take part in the “do you need to take a blogging break?” quiz… or take a few minutes to help us plan our writing workshops in Italy for next spring (short customer survey on shape, length, content of workshops)

Photo Credit: Boom!2 by spatulated on Flickr

Tags: , ,

6 Responses to “A Celebration of Independence”

1. On July 4, 2008 at 10:01 am Cath Lawson responded with... #

Happy Independence Day to you to Joanna. I wish we had something like that over here - it seems far more exciting than any public holidays we have. Mind you, our local pub is having 4th July celebrations today and tomorrow.

2. On July 4, 2008 at 12:29 pm Brad Shorr responded with... #

Thanks you, Joanna. I’ve been wondering if your choice of the freedom theme had anything to do with today. Have a glorious weekend!

3. On July 4, 2008 at 1:41 pm Scott McIntyre responded with... #

I like the quote from Matisse! Very fitting for our American cousins ;-)

Do you think we’ll ever have such major fireworks on St Andrews Day? (the day Scots celebrate the patron saint of Scotland, for our international friends)

4. On July 4, 2008 at 3:21 pm Joanna Young

Hi Cath, that sounds like fun - hope the sun shines for you!

Brad, you too :-) To be honest the choice of theme and coincidence with 4th July was coincidental, but I was pleased to be able to link it into my theme today…

Scott, I did wonder about a Matisse quote but heck it’s free thought I’m celebrating here! Re your question… I doubt it. I’ve never known anyone get excited about St Andrews Day… though we do enjoy some good fireworks at other times of the year

5. On July 6, 2008 at 3:31 am Karen Swim responded with... #

Hi Joanna! Happy Independence Day! I love the Matisse quote and the fireworks. :-) You are right, creative people truly understand independence in an entirely different way. It is thrilling to forge your own path and follow your distinctive muse. Thanks Joanna for this message that “sparked” yet another reason for celebration. :-)

Karen

6. On July 6, 2008 at 10:25 am Joanna Young

Hi Karen - I’m glad you liked the quote. Hope you’re having a firework-filled weekend