Powerful Writing In 30 Words Or Less: E-book of One Liners

What does powerful writing mean to you?

I asked the question; readers of Confident Writing provided the answers.

I’ve compiled the replies into 60 definitions, explorations or illustrations of what it means to write with power - all expressed in a power-packed 30 words or less.

Powerful Writing E-Book

Powerful Writing E-Book

You can read the results in this 24 page e-book (click for pdf download) divided up into the 7 sections that emerged (to me) as I read through your entries.

Powerful writing:

• hits the mark
  • moves us
  • comes from the source
  • changes things
  • lingers
  • inspires us to write

You can download your pdf copy here

Powerful Writing in 30 Words Or Less: A compilation of one-liners from the Confident Writing community

With thanks to the contributors and authors as follows:

Guest authors: Debbie Yost, Robert Hruzek, Damien Riley, Jim Murdoch

Contributors: Amy Palko, Bo. Rick Mahn, Wendy Piersall, RMW, Terry Starbucker, Mervi, Glenn at Globalized,Nick Betten, Karen Wallace, Jason Slater, Wendi Kelly, Amy Van Huisen, Space Age Sage, Diane Cordell, wonderwebby, -Deb, Robyn McMaster, Brad Shorr, Jon Swanson, Radha, The Idea Dude, Catherine, Dale, Barbara Ling

Masters of brevity on Twitter: Spiritspring, DMurphy_Rodgers, NadineTouzet, DazzlinDonna, Leawoodward, eeUS, Captainstardust, rjacobse, Men With Pens, Studio747, tldtim, SarahStewart, Charkamman, Owlbert,
digitalmaverick, amypalko, karenswim

Comments

1. Brad Shorr says:

Well done, Joanna. Just made a donation. Thank you for collecting all these ideas and promoting them for such a good cause.

2. Robert Hruzek says:

Bravo, Joanna! I had no idea you were building towards this goal, but what a great way to cap off a powerful subject. A big ol’ Texas tip o’ the hat to ya - and all the contributors!

3. DazzlinDonna says:

Love what you did with this, and am happy to donate to the cause as well. Will be clicking the Donate button right after I click the Post comment button.

4. Jason Slater says:

You have produced a great looking inspiring document - keep up the good work and kudos for supporting (and inspiring us to support!) a worthwhile cause. (25 words). Jas.

5. James Chartrand - Men with Pens says:

Very cool. I’m a master :) Thank you, Joanna, and you’re welcome!

6. Joanna Young

Thanks everyone :-)

Jason, love the word count on the comment!

7. Bob says:

The format of your PDF was great for an e-book. Could you/would you share a Word or ? template that includes some of the formatting?

8. Karen Swim
    Twitter: karenswim

Joanna, just made my donation and am looking forward to reading. I really enjoyed the posts on this topic so it will be nice to review them again. Bravo on using this for Mad About Art! Hmm, gives me an idea too. Thanks!

9. Karen says:

What a great ebook Joanna! Well done! Will donate too… it sounds like a wonderful cause.

10. Joanna Young

Thanks all for your support. Glad to be giving you more ideas too Karen (S)!

Bob - do you mean can I let you have the template I used for the word doc to create the pdf?

11. bob says:

Joanna-
    I wasn’t sure if you used Word or Publisher or something else, but yes, the template you used for the word doc is what I was interested in. It would save me a lot of work in recreating it, as it’s the perfect format for a little document I’m working on. Sorry to be such a beggar, but I thought it better to ask than to just start with my trial and error.

12. Soultravelers3 says:

What a great idea and wonderful cause!

13. Joanna Young

Bob, you’re quite right to ask. I’ll e-mail the template to you.

Soultravelers: I’m glad you like it :-)

14. Meryl K. Evans says:

Delightful and moving collection along with an equally lovely PDF design.

15. Glenn says:

Wow! We (the Confident Writing community) really accomplished something impressive!

I have been following the entries since you started the theme early in the month, but I echo others in my enthusiasm at just how inspirational these definitions and musings can be once compiled into book form.

Thanks!

16. Joanna Young

Meryl, I’m glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by.

Glenn, yes, you did! Thanks for your own contribution, and being such an enthusiastic supporter of Confident Writing.

17. amypalko says:

I’ve just downloaded the pdf and I absolutely love it, Joanna! I’m so impressed with the way you have compiled everyone’s contributions into a coherent whole. Brilliant!

18. Joanna Young

Thanks Amy! You’ve discovered one of my secrets - I seem to enjoy publishing other people’s work just as much - if not more - as writing my own.

Glad you like the format

19. Rick Mahn says:

That is a fantastic collection of works that you’ve arranged in a wonderfully relevant way. Each piece contributes to the next and focuses what each section is about - I see why you did that. Really fun project that I should have participated on earlier!

Congratulations on getting that ebook put together and for a great cause too! On may way to paypal next.

20. Joanna Young

Rick, I’m glad you like it. Was fun putting it together, and stepping back and working out what some of the key themes were.

Thanks for your contribution and support

21. Robyn says:

What a great idea, Joanna! I’ll put some money in PayPal and download one soon. I’m always amazed at what is buzzing around in that noodle of yours!

22. Joanna Young

Thanks Robyn

There’s always something going on - you guys keep on inspiring me!

23. Confident Writing says:

Did You Miss These Posts?

In case you missed them… or didn’t have time to read them first time round, some links to things I’ve been writing here and elsewhere. Over at Joyful Jubilant Learning this month we’re looking at what we’ve learned from the

24. Essay Writing Insider says:

Powerful writing for me tend to make all the potential readers eagerly read your writing from seeing the title itself up to the point of leaving a feedback on what have they read.

25. Joanna Young

Hi, thanks for that contribution… I’ll take it as a compliment since the piece prompted you to leave some feedback!

26. Confident Writing says:

Cut Your Words to Set Your Writing Free

Have you ever noticed how cutting your word count can free up your writing? There are a number of reasons why this might be. A tight word count: Asks you to concentrate on the essential Provides a creative challenge to

27. Cut Your Words to Set Your Writing Free | Confident Writing says:

[...] about the creative power of a tight word count got me thinking about the Powerful Writing in 30 Words or Less challenge - a project that generated some thought-provoking and intriguing one-liners. For those of [...]

28. Narrative Therapy « wonderwebby says:

[...] express ourselves and communicate. Joanna Young, who has a great blog with helpful writing advice, recently posted about MADaboutART From their site: MADaboutART’s HIV and empowerment programme for children and young people [...]

29. Links: 2008-05-23 | Meryl.net says: