Snippets

Brain Power In The Comment Box

Congratulations to Robyn McMaster from Brain Based Biz for writing the 2,000th comment here!

For those of you who don’t know her, Robyn is a most generous commenter. She was one of the first people to leave a comment on my blog at a point where those gestures of friendship, encouragement and support are so invaluable. And she’s been here ever since.

She’s also a dab hand at writing milestone comments - it was only a week or so ago that she burst through the line at Brad Shorr’s blog too. Robyn says she’s still trying to calculate the odds of this happening, but I’m sure it’s a lot more likely if you reach and invest your time and energy in commenting on other people’s blogs :-)

Her (most excellent) choice of prize book from the Confident Writing book store is On Writing Well by William Zinsser.

I hope it gives you even more power to your writing elbow Robyn. You share some powerful and exciting ideas with us about the way the brain works, and we all benefit when your words fizz, crackle and soar.

Joanna Young, The Confident Writing Coach
Because our words count

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Brain Power In The Comment Box”

1. On April 13, 2008 at 8:57 pm amypalko responded with... #

Yay! Congratulations to Robyn for winning the book, and congratulations to you too, Joanna, for reaching this truly wonderful milestone :-)

2. On April 13, 2008 at 9:25 pm Joanna Young

Thank you Amy.

Comments are very, very important to me, and it was good to celebrate reaching this milestones.

So much celebration going on around here just now. Isn’t it great?

3. On April 13, 2008 at 9:34 pm Robyn responded with... #

Joanna, You’ve asked me questions at times that took my mind to whole new worlds.

Commenting takes time and energy but in reading blogs and stepping up to new challenges I’ve added so much wisdom and so many ideas. [And they say we use about 3% of our brain.] :-) I never expected to be a winner. I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the game when you throw out the pitch!

Next blog will really have to soar! Hope it doesn’t burst this bubble!

4. On April 13, 2008 at 11:21 pm Joanna Young

How funny Robyn, that’s just how I feel from reading your blog. Got to keep on stretching those intelligences!

PS Don’t worry about soaring - you’ll keep growing, that’s the main thing. Sometimes that’s consolidation, sometimes experiment, sometimes a stretch, sometimes regrouping. It all counts.

5. On April 15, 2008 at 3:29 am Karen Swim responded with... #

Congratulations Robyn! Joanna, I want to thank you for creating a comment friendly community. I have learned a lot from commenting and reading the thoughts shared by others. The community is as much a gift as the powerful writing that inspires it. Congratulations on reaching another milestone!

Karen

6. On April 15, 2008 at 10:18 am Joanna Young

Thank you Karen. The community dimension is extremely important to me - at the heart of what I’m trying to do, so thanks for noticing… and making such a positive contribution to that community yourself.