Snippets

Looking For Some Inspiration?

I’m still busy pulling together the results of the group writing project, so here are some links and resources that’ll get you thinking, dreaming, reading and writing in the meantime.

Brad Shorr at Word Sell Inc is offering the fantastic prize of an iPod nano in his just launched group writing project. All you have to do is write a post that’s inspired by this cartoon… but you need to be quick, closing date is this Friday (7th March).

Robert Hruzek at the Middle Zone has launched this month’s WILF on the subject of What I Learned From… The Law. (No I haven’t the faintest idea what I’m going to write about either!) Submissions are due in by March 9th (with a request for submissions a bit ahead of midnight please…)

The March edition of The Calm Space has just been published, so if you’re looking for something that’s like a virtual day-spa for your senses you might want to pop over and explore this month’s treats - on the theme of dreaming. In my contribution I wonder What Do You Dream About Writing? (You might be surprised at my own answer!)

Last but not least, there’s a book-fest over at Joyful Jubilant Learning this month in A Love Affair With Books. There’s a review scheduled pretty much each day - here’s the list of books that are coming up. I’m going to be reviewing The Sufi Book Of Life - nothing (directly) to do with writing, but lots to do with learning about life…

If you’re interested in writing a review for the site there’s an open invitation for readers to participate - or you can take part by reviewing a book on your own blog and tracking back to JJL.

Joanna Young, The Confident Writing Coach
Because our words count

8 Responses to “Looking For Some Inspiration?”

1. On March 3, 2008 at 1:29 pm Brad Shorr responded with... #

Hi Joanna, Thanks for mentioning my contest. I hope you get around to writing one of your books. I’d read it immediately!

2. On March 3, 2008 at 5:12 pm Robert Hruzek responded with... #

Joanna, thanks for the PR! And speaking of inspiration, which I believe is your new March theme, well, how about this? :-D

3. On March 3, 2008 at 7:39 pm Joanna Young

@Brad, me too, but I fear I spend too much time blogging!

@Robert, that’s an awesome picture - it will inspire me to something, though I know not what!

4. On March 3, 2008 at 8:45 pm Rosa Say responded with... #

Joanna, I smiled when I read this:

“I’m going to be reviewing The Sufi Book Of Life - nothing (directly) to do with writing, but lots to do with learning about life…”

for you set such a wonderful example for us with the manner in which you manage to connect everything to your Ho‘ohana-intentions with writing — “drawing strands” as I recall?

Now I must click over to Karen’s to read your surprising revelation…

5. On March 3, 2008 at 9:41 pm Joanna Young

Ah but Rosa I have such a good teacher, who reminds me patiently about purpose, values and how it all connects :-)

6. On March 4, 2008 at 2:41 am Karen responded with... #

Joanna, you are so generous and giving and so good at sharing links and ideas… thank you!

It seems to me that you would hardly need ‘reminding patiently’ about how it all connects.

And for those reading here who haven’t clicked over to The Calm Space to read about Joanna’s writing dreams - you’re missing out! Go.

7. On March 4, 2008 at 3:56 am Damien Riley responded with... #

Joanna, there are some really fun and exciting opportunities there. Thanks for posting them. I’m not sure if I can get to all of them, but it’s great to know where the good stuff is!

8. On March 4, 2008 at 8:56 am Joanna Young

@ Karen Linking and sharing is what it’s all about for me. Plus I have so many wonderful blogging friends I want to connect to :-)

@ Damien I have that feeling too, often times. It’s the beauty of blogging - and its curse!