Inspiring Words That Connect Us Together

Do you love collecting quotations? Me too.

I was gifted a quote earlier this week by Lillie Amann at A Writer’s Life, An Editor’s Eye. She was passing on the words as part of a tag. The idea is to post a quote that speaks from and to your heart, and to dedicate it to at least three other bloggers.

What a great idea.

The quote Lillie offered was this one from James Dean:

“Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.”

I was honoured to receive this from Lillie, because she’s one of my favourite bloggers, managing to combine an uplifting attitude with a totally down-to-earth no-nonsense manner (I think that might be her editor’s eye).

This is a lovely one to pass on, and although it’s hard to choose from so many people who are part of my blogging life, I’m dedicating these words to Robyn McMaster, Brad Shorr, Robert Hruzek, Yvonne Russell and Jeanne Dininni, bloggers who - with Lillie - have been here supporting and encouraging me for many months now, and who have helped and encouraged me to stretch with ever greater confidence.

The line I’ve chosen captures what I think is great and inspiring about writing and blogging online, as part of a community. It’s by Luciano de Crescenzo

“We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another”

All of you who read, link, comment, stumble, twitter and generally support me are part of that embrace and I am grateful to all of you, truly.

About these ads

12 Comments

1. Brad Shorr · · Reply

Joanna, it’s been fun watching you progress as a blogger, and of course you’ve helped me tremendously, for which I’m forever grateful. Both of those quotes are inspirational. They really get to the heart of how one should live, and are especially apt today, Good Friday.

2. Yvonne Russell (Grow Your Writing Business) · · Reply

Beautiful words.. beautiful sentiments. Thank you so much Joanna.

Happy Easter to all.

3. Brad, Yvonne, thank you.

I love quotes that find the words for emotions we feel deeply but can’t always express ourselves.

These two spoke powerfully to me too.

Have a great Easter

4. Cath Lawson · · Reply

Joanna - what a lovely way to say thank you. I love both of those quotes too.

5. Lillie Ammann · · Reply

I love your quote. Thanks for passing this on, and thanks for your kind words about my blog. Happy Easter.

6. Joanna, a quote like yours reminds me that I don’t stand alone… I work so much better with support from friends like you, Brad, Jeanne, Robert, Lillie and Yvonne. I’m honored to be a part of your community!

Sharing a beautiful quote’s a great way to give to others.

I wish for you a blessed Easter!

7. Bob Younce · · Reply

Happy Easter, Joanna, and all!

I have to say… the James Dean quote is a truly meaningful one to me. I went to college near Fairmount, Indiana. For those that may not know, that’s where Dean was from. I’ve been to his grave a dozen times, and for whatever reason I always think of that quote.

Thank you Joanna (and Lillie!) for taking me down memory lane. You made me smile.

8. Thanks everyone and especially Lillie - this was a lovely tag to receive and pass on :-)

Bob, places, people and words combined can make for a most powerful connection. Thanks for sharing your Dean association!

9. Karen Swim · · Reply

Joanna, I am a quote-aholic. I have volumes of quote books on my shelf. I love both quotes and cannot thank you enough for sharing them with us. Through you, I’ve found other great bloggers like those you mentioned who along with you inspire and challenge me to soar higher.

Have a wonderful Easter!

Karen

10. Karen, you’ll have to tell us about your favourite quote books some time!

One of the things I left best about blogging is the way we suppport and carry each other along - a wonderful combination of bringing out the best in each other and also being there to encourage and back up should it ever be needed. It’s why I know you’re going to be a great blogger - you’re naturally supportive & generous :-)

Have a wonderful Easter

11. Jeanne Dininni · · Reply

Thanks so much for including me among your supportive “angels.” It’s truly an honor!

Happy Easter to you and all!
    Jeanne

12. Well Jeanne, you’re a constant supportive presence - not to mention being the only person who’s able to leave a comment without it showing up in my inbox!

So I’m always (pleasantly) surprised to come to the site and read what you’ve written. Never yet been able to work out how you do it!

Have a happy Easter