Snippets

Revealed: what bloggers really do in bed

It’s not all restless nights drafting blog posts you know, crafting that killer headline or composing a reply to a comment (yes, some of us are that sad).

No, bloggers who are really serious about taking their blog to the next level will also:

Dream about showing off their blog-pertise to 250 of the best and smartest bloggers around

Lie awake, counting sheep the number of days till the start of SobCon08

Wake with a start, wondering how come they’re not already in Chicago

Sleepwalk over to their internet connection, typing in ‘register now’

Fantasise about what it would be like to hear experts like Chris Brogan, Brian Clark and Lorelle VanFossen in person

Talk in their sleep, trying out witty one-liners that might go down a storm at Open Mic night

Have nightmares that they forgot to sign up for the best (only?) Biz Shool for Bloggers in town

But you know you’re not going to take your blog to the next level by just lying there and dreaming about it.

The successful and outstanding bloggers are already out there taking action.

To avoid the nightmare of getting left behind it’s time to:

• Wake up!
  • Hot foot it over to the SobCon08 site
  • Register now

If you enjoyed this post you might want to give it a stumble?

It’s written to promote SobCon08, the Business School For Bloggers and I want to help spread the word.

It’s also my contribution to a marketing contest being run by the totally entrepreneurial organisers and supported by sponsors Plante Morane Financial Advisers. The winner is the blogger who sends the most traffic to the SobCon08 website.

I’m hoping it will be me – I’ve got 20 excellent reasons for going to Chicago, not least sharing what I learn with all of you here.

Thanks a million

Joanna Young, The Confident Writing Coach
Because our words count

Tags:

13 Responses to “Revealed: what bloggers really do in bed”

1. On February 15, 2008 at 3:27 pm Deb @ Three Weddings responded with... #

Ha ha, that’s me! I’ve always got something writing in my head no matter what I am doing. I’m glad I’m not alone. I think I’ll wait on the subcon, though. I’m just not ready to go there yet. Maybe next year when I have a few more months under my belt!

2. On February 15, 2008 at 6:26 pm Joanna Young

Deb, you’re certainly not alone!

Mainly I’m grateful to my muse for coming up with so many ideas, but there are times when it can be kind of distracting…

Maybe we’ll see you in Chicago next year then - I’ll be sure to tell you all what it’s like :-)

3. On February 16, 2008 at 5:15 am Michele responded with... #

I Stumbled this post, Joanna. It was very entertaining!

Hope you win!

Smiles,
    Michele

4. On February 16, 2008 at 9:03 am Joanna Young

Thanks Michele, the stumble’s appreciated. I hope I win too but it’s fun taking part anyway!

5. On February 16, 2008 at 1:52 pm CatherineL responded with... #

Hi Joanna - as someone who writes her blog posts in the bath, I can relate to these things.

Good luck with the Chicago comp - I know how much you want to go.

6. On February 16, 2008 at 4:02 pm Robyn responded with... #

Wow, Joanna, you brought creativity alive here! Did you sleep on the idea and then wake up to this lively theme? Just curious!

7. On February 16, 2008 at 5:02 pm Joanna Young

Catherine you do make me laugh! A post on what bloggers really do in the bath might be fun to read :-)

8. On February 16, 2008 at 5:13 pm Joanna Young

Hi Robyn, no this was one that I worked on consciously.

I wanted to try and write something special, so I started with a catchy headline (taking the December Cosmo headline rewrite challenge as inspiration).

Once I’d picked the headline I then just sat and doodled the things that a SobCon wannabe might do in bed…

It’s not the way I normally write posts, but I have to say I did enjoy this one, and once I’d got the hook the rest was easy.

9. On February 16, 2008 at 11:43 pm pearl responded with... #

Wow…The title sure is attractive and funny Joanna :) good links to follow.

Oh, I hope you win the contest too, I’d linked to that post you wrote… good luck!

10. On February 17, 2008 at 9:44 am Joanna Young

Hi Pearl, it’s a bit like what you were saying in your post on losing self-consciousness in writing… it’s good to have fun and play sometimes :-)

I’m glad you liked the end result.

11. On May 2, 2008 at 7:44 pm Michelle Vandepas responded with... #

Stuck at the airport trying to get out to SOBCon08. Reading and living vicariously through everyone who is there. And trying to laugh. Thanks for this!

12. On May 3, 2008 at 12:20 pm Joanna Young

Michele, I’m glad this helped you through your journey. So glad you made it on time! Looking forward to seeing you again today.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks