There's Only One Word For What I Learned From People

E V E R Y

T H Wooden Tile I N G

This is my contribution to this month’s What I Learned From project being run by Robert Hruzek at Middle Zone Musings.

My original intention was to follow up the one word answer with an explanation of what I’ve learned from people compared to books, school, university, blog posts… but I figured you’d get what I meant.

Besides, ever since I applauded Troy Worman’s two word entry for his demonstration of confidence I’ve been wanting to try something similar myself.  And one of the writing leaps I want to take this month is to write less, and play more.

I’m hoping Robert will understand.

Credit for the photo-letters: Spell With Flickr

About these ads

10 Comments

1. Sarah Stewart · · Reply

You have certainly summarized what I would have liked to have replied to this question-wish I’d thought of it! LOL!

2. Jean Browman--Cheerful Monk · · Reply

Good for you! How can we become more creative if we don’t take time to play?

3. Robert Hruzek · · Reply

Definitely one for the WILF Hall of Fame, Joanna!

Cheers! :-D

4. Lillie Ammann · · Reply

I love this, Joanna! Wish I’d thought of it.

5. That does say it succinctly well Joanna!

My one word for yours would be ditto!

(Or Pono in Hawaiian :)

6. Karen Swim · · Reply

I’d add everything…that matters. ;-)

Karen

7. I’m glad you liked it :-)

Jean, absolutely. Sometimes when I use less words I feel them dancing more. It’s a good feeling.

Rosa, it took me a while to see how pono could be ditto - but then I got it, and it’s perfect. And much more powerful than ditto!

Karen, thanks for finding just the right words. I have to agree with you - though the extra words would have made a different pattern on my page… :-)

8. Michele - Writing the Cyber Highway · · Reply

Very clever, Joanna! You are brilliant! :-)

Smiles,
    Michele

9. Michele, it’s amazing how we creative we can be when we’re short of time and weary of words!

10. Middle Zone Musings » What I Learned From 2008 - Joanna Young · · Reply

[...] I kept things really short with a one word post on what I learned from people.  The lesson being a) brevity works b) I do have a competitive streak, and wanted to beat the [...]