Snippets

The end of November already, and time to wrap up writing to make a connection. I can’t think of a better way to do it than a simple thank you to everyone that’s contributed to Confident Writing this month.

So a big thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to comment and make the connection

Sylvia C, Toby, David Airey, Heidi Richards, YC, Maura, Emma Bird, Jack Payne, Anna Farmery, Tatiana Nam, Valeria Maltoni, Mike De Witt, Robert Hruzek, Lis Garrett, Jeanne Dininni, Lillie Ammann, Robyn McMaster, Carol, Rosa Say, Marek, lornadoone, Yvonne Russell, Terinea Weblog, Brad Shorr, Vernon Lun, J Erik Potter, Nathania - Bold Interactive, Deb, Rubab, Erik Peterson, Jean Browman - Cheerful Monk, Monika - The Writer’s Manifesto, Angela Maiers, Alex @ Web 2.0 Word Press Guide

… including everyone who joined us for the first time through the Connecting Words project: Lisa, Fajrdrako, Mervi, EnnaVic, Gautami, raidergirl3, Pussreboots, Christine, Chris, Rhinoa

A special thanks to Brad Shorr for collaborating with me on the project, and Deb for promoting it to such a wide audience. Brad and I will be spending the next week or so doing something creative with the amazing words (and associated stories) that were submitted - and announce the winner of the book prize at the same time as we publish the final results. (There’s still time to get your entry in if you’re quick - deadline is midnight today, anywhere in the world).

Next month, starting tomorrow… I’ll be looking at writing with curiosity:

Curiosity about words, ideas, meaning and the connections between words. A willingness to explore. A love of learning. An open mind and a listening ear. A sense of wonderment, creativity and fun. Curiosity about the world that we live in. Being alive to possibility. Creating new worlds with our words.

See you there!

Tags: , , , ,

8 Responses to “Thank you for making the connection”

1. On November 30, 2007 at 12:36 pm Brad Shorr responded with... #

Hi Joanna, thank you for spearheading our project. The contributions were entertaining and informative, so thanks to everybody for pitching in!

2. On November 30, 2007 at 12:59 pm Alex @ Web 2.0 WordPress Guide responded with... #

Hi Joanna,

You are too kind, and with great content of your blog - comments are a reward in itself :) Thanks for the linky love …

Alex

3. On November 30, 2007 at 3:53 pm Joanna Young

@ Alex, thanks for your kind words! And it’s a pleasure to spread the linky love - I really enjoyed looking back to see who’d contributed this month :-)

@ Brad, you’re right, it was a most entertaining project - and that’s before we write the round-up!

4. On November 30, 2007 at 5:33 pm Jeanne Dininni responded with... #

Thanks so much for the link! It’s always a pleasure to “make a connection” at Confident Writing!

Jeanne

5. On November 30, 2007 at 7:37 pm J. Erik Potter responded with... #

Thanks for the link, Joanna. I look forward to the next exercise.

6. On November 30, 2007 at 8:20 pm Joanna Young

@ Jeanne, my pleasure. Your cheerful contributions make the blogging task so much easier :-)

@ Erik - I think Brad and I will be taking a short break from writing tasks! It’s more work than you might think…

Thanks for being discrete about the wonky link to your blog - and being courteous enough to thank me for it anyway! It’s fixed now

7. On December 23, 2007 at 10:17 am David Airey responded with... #

Why thank you!

Sadly, during my recent month holiday, someone stole my domain name.

You can now find me at http://www.davidairey.co.uk (the .com was nabbed).

I hope you’re well!

8. On December 23, 2007 at 11:02 am Joanna Young

Hi David, I saw that it had been hacked - hope you manage to get it back. Meantime I changed the link to the .co.uk version for you

Have a good Christmas, Joanna